Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:56:47 +0100
From:      "Guido Stepken" <stepken@fss.firmen-info.de>
To:        "Marco Molteni" <molter@tin.it>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: buffer overflows and chroot

This program is absolute nonsense. buffer overflows can be everywhere in a
handshake of
specific protocols (mail from:  ...rcpt to: , smtp) and are found in many
gets puts routines in the library and every bloody program, which makes use
of such libs. Some programs are written without static arrays, which could
be overflowed (8-) wietses new mail program), but with dynamic memory
adressing. Those programs can not be overflowed by any trick, but it can
result in heavy swapping and finally in a DoS attack. Kick him off !
This guy is unserious as well as your professor !!!!!!

regards, Guido Stepken