Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:31:09 -0500
From:      Clarence_Griffin@ed.gov (Clarence Griffin)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can I delete '/usr/ports'? safely?

     I just did an evaluation of used disk space, and found that I've
     installed all the 'ports' when I set up this new system.

     this makes my /usr director at 103%.

     I'd like to simply delete all the 'ports', but am wondering how that
     will impact the system?  I'd then want to re-install only those prots
     I will actually use.

     Anyone else faced this problem?  If so, how did you resolve it?

     dg