Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 22:42:25 +0800
From:      "edwin chan" <huacheng@public.guangzhou.gd.cn>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AUTH and sendmail

we found use 4.3freebsd sendmail default setup is a safer choice for our
mailserver. But we have many staff outside want to access our mailserver by
dialup, but with default sendmail conf they can't relay the mail they sent
when they stay outside. (use pop3 receive mail not problem), now we
advise staff outsite use our mailserver receive mail but use local ISP's
mailserver send mail.

I want to know if someone have good idea to resolve the problem ?

I heared newer sendmail support AUTH function, if user can pass the
authentication, mailserver can relay the mail they sent from everywhere:
1. use AUTH function is a good idea ?
2. use AUTH function can give us propriety security ?
3. if outlook express support it, in what kind of auth ?
4. does anybody experience it ?