Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 22:09:00 +0200
From:      "Danny Carroll" <fbsd@dannysplace.net>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New to SMP, is it Ok to use?

Hiya.

I'm looking at purchasing a Compaq Proliant 6500 which has 4 Pentium Pro =
200 processors in it.
It will be a low-load mail/web server for about 30 users (mail)

So basically, before I go out and pay for this thing, I was wondering if =
I can rely on the SMP features of FreeBSD for this production =
environment.

I use the word production loosely.  The truth is it will be the primary =
mail server for a private domain.  A secondary will be available so I =
have a way out if there are problems.

Should I use RELENG_4 or RELENG_5_0?   What are the pros and cons of =
each (only related to SMP).

Thanks for the help....
-D

p.s. If you want me to bugger off to -questions, I'll humbly scurry =
away....