Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:47:55 -0600
From:      "Matt Edwards" <matthewedwards@comcast.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba and ADS Support PLEASE...

Is it necessary to modify the Makefile of the samba-devel port on =
FreeBSD in order to build the package with ADS support?  I am not very =
familiar with the syntax of a Makefile, but I can not seem to find =
anything in the FreeBSD 5.1 samba-devel Makefile that talks of OpenLDAP, =
a requirement to ADS support.  If it is necessary could some one help me =
out with this?

I have tried several times with still ADS support will not compile in.  =
Also the /usr/include/gssapi.h file must be removed before any make =
(even the just plain "make") on samba completes.  I have tried it about =
3 times with 3 fresh installs of FreeBSD 5.1 and a cvsup.  I think there =
is something wrong with
the samba port but I am too inexperienced to know for sure.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt