Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:02:51 -0500
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   A couple of questions related to the sendmail patch, etc.

Hello,

A couple of quick questions...

I've downloaded the 8.11.6 patch from sendmail.org, and used the
instructions they provided
[patch -p0 < /PATH/TO/sendmail.8.11.6.security.cr.patch], which then
prompts me for 'which file to patch.' I'm not clear on which file I
_need_ to patch? Or where it would be.

I've read the thread on this already, and perhaps I'll try upgrading
Sendmail in its entirety. But, for my amusement, how would I patch my
current (working perfectly) version of Sendmail?

Second question, I'd like to re-compile my Kernel and some other things
that required the sources to be installed. On one machine (where I
didn't install then initially), I'm having a real challenge trying to
get them (chicken and egg); using sysinstall, I'm trying to install
additional distributions > sources > all. Unfortunately, the CD-ROM does
not seem to be working on this box, so I'm trying via ftp... but I keep
receiving this message:

Warning:  Can't find the `4.5-RELEASE' distribution on this
server.  You may need to visit a different server for
the release you are trying to fetch or go to the Options
menu and to set the release name to explicitly match what's
available on ftp.freebsd.org (or set to "any").
Would you like to select another FTP server?

Any thoughts on how to get the sources downloaded?

--
Phillip