Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:03:44 +1000
From:      "Andrew Johns" <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Estee Goh" <estee@cybersource.com.sg>, <FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help, it ois urgent

Reboot to single user (boot -s for 3.0+, -s for < 3.0).  You will
probably have to do this with the reset button if it won't let you in,
unless you already have one terminal logged in.

Then:
'fsck' to fix your hard reboot
'reboot' to reboot with clean disks.
Go to single user mode (-s) again.
'mount -u /' to mount / read/write.
'mount -a' to mount remaining partitions.
'vi login.access' and fix.
'logout' of single user (CTRL+D) to boot multi-user with new
login.access
'man login.access' to find out why the 1st attempt failed :)

HTH

AJ