Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:59:14 +1000
From:      "Charles Young" <charles@wranglers.com.au>
To:        <david@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error on gdm2 build

Hi David,

In your recent message you had some issues with FT_GET_BDF_Property in =
fontconfig:

> The error below seems to start with;
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to =
`FT_Get_BDF_Property'

Can I ask if you have at sometime built some XFree86 components from =
source?

I'd check for extra versions of XFT and freetype that have been =
installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/=20

Perhaps you might try a find in /usrX11R6/ for libraries that are older =
than your last major build of XFree86 + components.

I had the same issue some time ago with a freetype2 library that I'd =
forgotten was installed when I built XFree86.4.2.93 manually. Later =
builds from ports did not overwrite the library.

good luck,
Charles