Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:32:52 -0400
From:      "Nick LoPresti" <nick@chromatix.com>
To:        <freebsd-question@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS Question Thanks!!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my NIS
problems(A few days back).  It is up and running now.  For anyone else
attempting to set up NIS, what really helped me was this website:
http://www.realtime.net/sculpture/nis-startup.html

For all those questioning the security risks, I AM running my NIS domain
behind a firewall, a good one too, FreeBSD firewall :)

Now, I have another question about NIS...

Does NIS support any kind of caching?  Or does it go out to the NIS server
every time someone logs in?  Is there a way to set something up?  After I
start putting most of the systems on this, I imagine that network usage is
going to raise dramatically...

Thanks for any info you can provide!