Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:22:30 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
To:        "Phil Regnauld" <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        "Pat Lynch" <lynch@bsdunix.net>, "Adrian Wontroba" <aw1@stade.co.uk>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: More SCO Propaganda

----- Original Message -----
From: Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
> Well, that hasn't much to do with their positive attitude towards
> Free Software.
>
> Not that I'm denying the fact that their marketing sucks, and that
> their products suck.
>
> Phil, remembering the time when SCO seriously wanted people
> to pay $1000 for a TCP/IP stack.   I just hung up on them.

I remember that :).... $1275 (RRP) for TCP  .... $1275 for NFS....  hahaha

I think it was a bit like buying a car; What?? You want wheels! (TCP) and
Seats??? (NFS) ..... Sorry this model does not come with an air-bag!!!
(Source). Although we do provide break-down assistance (Loads of Patches).

They even charged you more if you got the OS on 1/4 " tape, rather than
floppies... (so of course the customer bought the floppy version.)
I was always delighted when on disk 13 of 43 floppy disks .... "I/o error
unable to read distribution floppy" :() ...(did not get SCO on CD back then)

The good old days... ;)

I must absolutely agree "their marketing sucks" big time...  I still think
Microsoft owns 40% of SCO?! You'd think the marketing would have been as
slick as MickySoft! Or was it deliberate sabotage?

Greg