Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:01:59 +0200
From:      "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>, "[Squid-Users-List] (E-mail)" <squid-users@ircache.net>
Cc:        <peter@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: squid-2.3 (followup)

I successfully installed the squid-2.3 by predownloading
all the required files from ftp.freebsd.org.
- According to the port the files from www.squid-cache.org
have different checksums ( as mentioned in the originating
email ).

After installing it with options to handle transparent
caching and making some minor adjustments to the squid.conf
file. I rebooted and found that squid coredumped *every*
time I made a request from a client.

Besides that squid persists on taking its cachedir as dirty
and so rebuilds the entire cache_dir on every bootup.

FYI:  This on FreeBSD-4.0 STABLE (CVS 2000/04/16) with
	Squid-2.3.STABLE2 w/ FreeBSD port included patches.

Do I need to do some manual tweaking or am I missing something?

Regards