Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:50:03 -0600
From:      "Nathan Wheeler" <mutati0n@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hard drive disk timeout

Hi,=20

I asked this before, but no one answered. Just hoping someone might be =
able to.

I'm trying to use 4.7. But when I try to boot to it, even with a CD, a =
hard drive device timesout. When I take out that hard drive, I can boot =
fine. Here is how my hard drives and cdrom is set up:=20

Winxp is on the primary master.=20

The problem hard drive is the primary slave.=20

And the fbsd hard drive is on secondary master.=20

The CDROM is the secondary slave.=20

The message I get when I boot is:=20

ad1: Read command timeout tag=3D0 serv=3D0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..=20

Then the computer just freezes. I'm using an Asus A7N8X with Athlon XP =
2800+.=20

Thanks,
Nathan Wheeler