Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:24:20 -0500
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /root permisions after installworld

I normally have my /root dir set to mode 700.  After doing my usual cvsup,
make buildworld, make installworld I noticed that /root was not mode 755.

I assume this happens for a reason.  Rather than debating that, I ask this:
How can I disable that for my systems?  How do I make 'make installworld' (I
assume that is what does it) not change that permision?

Thanks

Joe Gleason