Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:20:00 +0200
From:      "Michael Nottebrock" <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "Gerhard Sittig" <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Staying *really stable* in FreeBSD

"Gerhard Sittig" <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 13:13 -0600, Mike Porter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 June 2001 09:44, Bill Moran wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a reason why you took this off the list?
> >
> > my mistake (or my mailer's depending on how you look at it).
> > If the majordomo config file for the list included the line
> > "reply-to: stable@freebsd.org" then all replies would by
> > defualt go back to the list.  While this isn't ALWAYS
> > appropriate, it usually is....
>
> Argh, nooooo!  Not again, please!  Just do *one* search for
> "reply-to" and "harmful" in your favourite search engine and make
> sure you understand what's broken about this dumb down approach.
> This has been discussed recently (besides coming up again and
> again without getting any better by doing so).

And read http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml , too.
Those two documents should make it very clear, that the whole thing is a
typical nonsense religious war, with the only possible conclusion being "I
am not the listowner. I can do nothing about it but hit the correct
key/button in my mailer & shut up".

Greetings,

Michael Nottebrock