Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:50:18 +0800
From:      "Craig Beasland" <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Directory Services

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions about directory services.

We have a client who currently uses NDS, can anyone tell me or point me to
somewhere which describes what is "directory services".  How does Novell DS
compare to the new MS Active Directory and to LDAP.

Is there some directory services protocol that runs on FreeBSD.  So far,
everything that runs on NT (server services I am talking about) seems to run
better on FreeBSD, so why should Novell be any different?

Cheers
craig