Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 13:24:13 -0000
From:      "Max" <max@ecotech.com.lr>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firewall Setup

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Kopeyko" <kaa@rambler-co.ru>
To: <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc: "Max" <max@ecotech.com.lr>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 12:59 PM

> On Wed, 29 May 2002, Max wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am just setting up a firewall on my Freebsd 4.4 server that is being
> > used as a router. Problem is I would just like to have a subset of
> > machines on my network access that router instread of the whole
> > network. Could anyone give me some pointers for my rc.firewall file?
>
> What does it means - "access that router instread of the whole network"??
>
> Can you explain your needs in a few more words?
My network has other routers hardware and software. I want just few machines
to use this new router instead of the whole network so that even if a client
sets this
router has his default gateway, he will not be able to access the Internet!

I am thinking of some IP rules that would do this trick. However when I
allow
the subset of IPs there is a complaint from natd and routed like this:

natd[158]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)
routed[165]: sendto(fxp0, 224.0.0.2): Permission denied

That's what i mean!