Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 14:04:15 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Settings for burning CD in Nero / weird error on install - "Your CD looks more like an audio CD than a FreeBSD release CD"

> > I've just downloaded and burned the 4.3-release ISO, and it boots up fine into
> > /stand/sysinstall....after setting all the options and starting the install, it says
(just
> > after "Starting emergency shell on vty1"),
> >
> > "This CD looks more like an Audio CD than a FreeBSD release CD"
> >
> > I've tried burning the CD again, with the same result. Anyone else had this?
> >
> > I think the problem could lie with the way I'm burning the CD, using the Nero software
on
> > Win98SE....what options do most people use when importing the ISO to nero to burn the
CD?
> > I've been using the standard default settings....
>
> You have to choose "Burn image" from the file menu. The default if *.nrg but
> if you select the drop down there is the all (*.*). You select your iso and
> it burns a FreeBSD iso just fine. For more information, see
> http://www.nero.com/en/cfaqs.htm

Hmmm. Yeah, I read that page and did exactly what it says (and what you have said
here)....no luck though, it comes up with this weird error. Looking at the contents of the
CD in windows it all looks right, and the boot loader and everything works fine, it's just
when it starts to install that it goes weird.

Thanks,
Mark