Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:08:46 +0100
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>, freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg is not doing what I want.....

+--On 27 mars 2015 12:57:30 +0100 Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
wrote:
| So how do I remove perl, and maybe the runtime dependancies like p5-* and
| stuff, without pkg trashing everything??

It seems this is a very old installation, the perl package has been called
perl5 for quite a long time now.
Also, I'd say it wants to remove all that because you do have an old
installation where mod_php5 was included in php5, and apache22 needs perl
at runtime. And mod_php needs apache. So all of php needs perl.
It's all documented in UPDATING, but to sum up:

pkg set -n perl:perl5

should take care of at least not trying to remove everything.

--
Mathieu Arnold