Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:37:17 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Bernhard Beck" <bbeck@mindmaker.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Athlon Thunderbird 700 w. Asus K7M Motherboard vs. FreeBSD 4.2

I have done alot of looking for one myself - and I have always come back to
the conclusion that the cheap internet vendors were just flashing keywords -
and when you pressed them on it - you wouldn't get an answer - just an
updated web page with Thunderbird removed.  I have yet to find an actual
Slot A thunderbird.  There is an actual architectural difference that won't
allow it to run with the current Slot A chipsets.  L2 cache related I
believe.  I am willing to bet good money that Mr. Bretterklieber does NOT
have a Thunderbird - but instead a regular Slot A 700 MHz Athlon.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net