Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 14:48:58 -0500
From:      "Felix" <felix@isot.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ascend Max4048 Radius

We're running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE w/ Ascend Radius.  Everything seems to
work ok with USR TotalControl box, but with Ascend Max4048 box strange
things happen and need some assistance.

When we dial in with Win95/98 workstations, many times it gets to a point
"Verifying username and password", and then hangs up with "Cannot negociate
dialup network protocols".  If we keep trying, we eventually gets in, say
maybe 1 out of 7 tries.  And sometimes, it doesn't even get to the point
"verifying username and password", and it hangs up with "Server is not
answering" eventhough I can hear connecting sound and all.

We didn't have this problem with USR TC box, it all started when we added
the Ascend Max4048.  Seems the Ascend Radius damon works well with USR but
not with Ascend.

Has anyone experienced this problem?  Help!