Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:25:12 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Going -stable - not as easy as you'd think?

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed, that going to -stable isn't as easy as it used to be? -
Or is it just me? - In recent days, I've had to make -stable a number of
slightly different machines...

A 4.3-Release system, that currently fails with "don't know how to make
mlfk_ipl.c" [don't have access to this box at the moment, so I've not been
able to try and fix it].

A 4.3-Beta system, which failed with 'pipe broken' and other nasties (thanks
to -stable mailing list, obliterating my make.conf with the 'new'
/usr/src/etc/defaults/make.conf fixed this one, strange but true...)

A 4.2-Stable system, which now fails during build with "ipmon.c:95: `TH_ECN'
undeclared here (not in a function)" - that I've not managed to fix yet...

On each of these I've been very careful to clean out /usr/obj, cvsup (and
cvsup a couple of hours later if I encounter a problem and try again), and
also keep an eye on -stable and /usr/src/UPDATING...

I know theres been a few things flying around re. ipfilter etc. - have I just
hit a 'bad time' - or is the world really moving that fast now?

-Kp

[Remembering fondly the days of tracking -stable throughout the 3.x tree,
with relatively apparent ease :)]