Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:42:24 -0600
From:      Samuel Greear <dragonk@evilcode.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recent changes to libdialog are weird

On Monday 17 September 2001 05:44 am, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Recently, libdialog's use of tab, space and enter seems to have changed.
> Now, space and enter mean the same thing.  Before, enter was a
> context-insensitive short-cut to the currently selected dialogue
> "submit" button.
>
> What many folks may not realize is that the new behaviour, while "safer"
> than what we had before, makes libdialog behave differently from at
> least Motif, Windows, JavaAWT, JavaSwing.
>
> So what we have now is a libdialog that protects the finger-happy, while
> confounding those who expect "pretty standard behaviour".
>
> I reckon if sysinstall needs to be weird, sysinstall should use its own
> weird version of libdialog and leave the distributed libdialog alone.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

The new changes suck, they've been annoying the hell out of me.
The first time I installed, as a Windows user,  I found that everything
worked as I expected.  At one point you just jumped into the menu,
ran through it selecting things, and hit enter.  It was cheeze, I liked
it.  It seems FUBAR now.

--
  Samuel J. Greear  <dragonk@evilcode.net>
  Developer - GetMegabits, Inc.  http://www.itmom.com