Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:55:04 +0200
From:      Petre Bandac <g38@rdsbv.ro>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bash newbie question

what I ment is if I can make bash look 100% like the linux bash
it's already installed - however, what bother me is that the auto-completion
of the command doesn't work like in linux - I mean if there I typed "tr" and
TAB I got the commands starting with "tr" [tr          traceroute  trap
 troff       true        tryaffix], while here I must type "trace" and TAB
and only then I get the traceroute.

must I understand that this is the only auto-completion of the command I
shall get in freebsd ?

also - I was used to have some colors on the screen after a <ls> :-)

so, resumig, the question I have for those of you more experienced in freebsd
is: must I expect a 100% similarity in bash freebsd-linux or the port to bsd
is quite "incomplete" ?

sorry for bothering you with such minor problems,

petre

On Monday 10 December 2001 21:37, David Johnson wrote using one of his
keyboards:

--
 11:46am  up 10 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.20, 0.10