Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:39:06 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/15873: New Apache_fp+php+mod_ssl-1.3.9+3.0.12+2.4.8 port.

> To me the ideal situation would be:
> - a simple apache port (apache13)
> - a new port category (maybe) for the apache modules where I could find
>   mod_ssl, mod_php, mod_frontpage, mod_xyz, etc.
>
> This way I could choose exactly the apache configuration I need/want.
>
> This is exactly why I created a "mod_dav" port as opposed to a
> "apache-mod_dav-xxx" port. It would be really great if you could do the
same
> with the mod_frontpage module.

As the original creator of the Apache13-fp port, it is not currently
possible to seperate the mod_frontpage module from the Apache Server.  The
reason for this is the mod_frontpage requires certain patches be applied to
the Apache Server before it gets compiled.

Mod_SSL is also in the same situation as it requires the EAPI patches to be
applied to the Apache Server.

It is possible to come up with a one Apache Server solution, but it will
require that the FrontPage patches (patch-f?), EAPI patches, etc be applied
and compiled with the Apache port.

Then Apache Module ports for mod_fronpage, mod_ssl can be created which
compiles these modules as DSO.

Also, the httpd.conf needs a way for adding new DSO to it.

HINT: NetBSD ports tree is already doing this for the mod_ssl, php* ports.

Scot