Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:05:12 -0300
From:      "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <sama@supridad.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Firewall - Help please

Hi,

I've set up a FreeBSD 4.1.1 firewall that deny everything by default. I
opened some ports that I need but, I'm having some problems with this
services : DNS,FTP,POP3 and SMTP. I put this rules in order to open this
services but, it doesn't work.
Please, Help me

## Allow TCP through if setup succeeded
$fw add pass tcp from any to any stablished
## Allow DNS queries out in the world
$fw add pass udp from any 53 to $ip
$fw add pass udp from $ip to any
## Allow DNS access to my DNS
$fw add pass tcp from any to $ip 53 setup
## Allow setup of incomming email
$fw add pass tcp from any to $ip 25 setup
## Allow POP3
$fw add pass tcp from any to $ip 106 via $if setup
## Allow FTP from local network
$fw add pass tcp from $net:$mask to $ip 20 setup
$fw add pass tcp from $net:$mask to $ip 21 setup
$fw add pass udp from $net:$mask to $ip 20
$fw add pass udp from $net:$mask to $ip 21
# Deny everything
$fw add 65534 deny log all from any to any

                        Thanks for help

                Roberto Samarone Araujo