Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 07:26:49 -0500
From:      Mitch Shaw <zeidaot@l1.conline.com>
Subject:   Having trouble setting up a dialin on FreeBSD.

Hi I'm having problems setting up a dialin on my FreeBSD system. I have a 1
modem system, the same modem I dial into the Internet with, a usr 28.8 with
Boca high speed serial 16550a card. What I'm trying to do is set it up kinda like a 1
modem BBS so friends can call up and check it out. I have followed the FreeBSD
hand book to the T, editing ttys, getty, and rc.serial. But when somebody calls
the phone will not answer. A ps ax shows,
168 ?? I		0:00.10 /usr/libexec/getty V19200 ttyd0

which is correct according to the hand book. I edited the gettytab and added the
definitions for the Very High Speed Modem.
In my ttys I added or actually edited the first line under #Serial teminals,
ttyd0		"/usr/libexec/getty V19200" dialup on, But still now answer.
If anybody has tried to do the same thing can you please send me a copy
of the above pertinet files. Thanks :)

					zeidaot@conline.com
					zeidaot@netcom.com
					Thomas Mitchell Shaw or just plain "Mitch" :)