Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 15:50:49 +-400
From:      Alexander Goltsov <alex@amt.ru>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   CDROM

Dear Sirs,

I have got small question about using CDROM drives with the FreeBSD.
I have got PC Compaq Presario 520 with IDE controller and I have got CDROM drive Matsushita/Panasonic CR571 which is installed
as a slave.

But FreeBSD cannot recognise it. In the release notes I found in the list of the supported
CDROMs that:

  (wcd) ATAPI IDE inteface (experemental and should be considered ALPHA quality).
  What does that mean?

And could you please give me advise which CDROM should I buy if it is not possible for this
CD-ROM.

My FreeBSD version is  FreeBSD 2.2 SNAPSHOT March 23, 1996.

Best Regards
Alexander Goltsov