Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 06:15:51 -0800
From:      "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: upgrading blues

I hear you BJ!

This last Sunday I walked into the local Borders Bookstore (Salem, Oregon)
and was stunned to see the "Latest" (2.2.5) FreeBSD.  I had given up on
2.2.2 because I just didn't know enough about Unix to get it going and the
Documentation simply didn't cover what I needed.  I decided to put it on
hold until I got a second computer so I could dedicate one to FreeBSD.
 When I leafed through the new manual I couldn't believe how much better
the documentation was!!!  I got it installed and am studying the
Networking/Internet chapters.  I WILL get in on the internet with FreeBSD
or die trying.  One pleasant surprise is that it turns out that my current
ISP (Oneworld.com, Portland, Oregon; Phone number on request) uses FreeBSD
on some of their servers.

Now three days later there's another Latest and Greatest.  I think I'll
stick to 2.2.5 until maybe 3.0.0 comes out.  It is great to know that
FreeBSD is alive and growing though!

John Purser