Date:       Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:00:49 -0400
From:      Martin Aherron <martin@cybernetics.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Qlogic 2200 FC card problems

I have a functional QLA 2200 FC HBA that I cannot seem to get my FreeBSD
box to
accept. I get the following information during boot (all debug except
interrupts).
On board bus scan utility detects the attached tape drive. I have tried
several different slots and interrupt vectors. Adaptec 29160 SCSI card
works perfectly.

isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2200 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0xdc00-0xdcff mem
0xdffff000-0xdfffffff irq 10 at device 6.0 on pci0
isp0: set PCI line size to 16
isp0: skipping f/w download
isp0: Polled Mailbox Command (0x2) Timeout
isp0: Polled Mailbox Command (0x8) Timeout
isp0: Mailbox Command 'ABOUT FIRMWARE' failed (TIMEOUT)
device_probe_and_attach: isp0 attach returned 6

uname -a returns the following

FreeBSD FreeBsd.cybernetics.com 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #3:
Mon Jul 23 19:18:52 EDT 2001
root@FreeBsd.x.x:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FCDEBUG  i386
------
I would appreciate any suggestions about what to try next.