Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:36:19 -0700
From:      "yarddog" <yarddog@sleeping-giants.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   version

I just bought the Power Pak with version 4.2 and it includes 9 more cds of
stuff and a book called "The Complete FreeBSD" from Staples.  My question is
what version of XFree86 is on this disk? I cannot find it listed anywhere.
Also, the books makes reference to 3.3.3.1 but that book also refers to
FreeBSD version 3.2. So, it leads me to believe that the version of XFree86
is newer than 3.3.3.1. Does anyone know what version of XFree86 shipped with
FreeBSD 4.2 in the cd form in the retail store, that is the version I have.
If I can find out if it is at least version 3.3.5, then I can download the
drivers for Intel's i810 video chip for linux to use for XFree86. Thanks for
any help.

Jim.