Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:15:50 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "(ML) FreeBSD ISP" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Speaking of radius - mine doesn't behave properly at startup

I've been running radius for over a year now, and one thing that's always
bugged me (though not enough to drive me crazy), is that I use the
following code in /etc/rc.local to start radiusd at boot.  It doesn't
give me any errors, no core dumps, it just exits as if that's what it's
supposed to do.

if [ -f /usr/local/sbin/radiusd ] ; then
        /usr/local/sbin/radiusd ; echo -n ' radiusd'
fi

If anyone has any idea why radiusd won't hang around to authenticate my
users, I would sure appreciate the help.

--
    Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
    Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services