Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 22:18:12 -0700
From:      "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Capriotti" <capriotti@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: newbie ppp question.

Thanks for the great info!  The default clue helped a lot and the ppp only
in root bit was a new one too.

I am still having problems, but getting closer.

ppp seems a little buggy.  I will actually have to initiate it and CTL-C 3-7
times before I get the ppp ON freebsd> prompt.  Strange.

Once it get initiated, I will do a  >dial impulse.  At this point, it dials
just fine, but seems to hang suspened in negotiation.  The modem stays up,
but I never go past the
ppp ON freebsd> I suspect ppp or pap is failing somewhere, but won't know
for shure untill I get in touch with the NAS/radius guy toomorrow.  Does
anyone know of a way to go into a debug mode to watch the negotiation?

I know the name & passwd work as they are used on my win95 box ok.

Thanks again,

Mike
Michael P. Sale
MerchantsNet.Com