Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:55:23 +0200
From:      "Martijn Pronk" <martijn.pronk@xs4all.nl>
To:        "Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Accord PCMCIA modem & FreeBSD 3.4

Hi warner,

>Add a reset clause to the accord pcmcia modem:
>
>card "PCMCIA" "V.90 Communication Device"
>        config  0x23 "sio2" 11
> reset 100000
>        insert  echo "ACCORD V.90 56K Modem inserted"
>        remove  echo "ACCORD Modem removed"
>
>Drop the size of the reset value until it starts hanging again, then
>double it and leave it alone.

Tried that, it takes with reset 100000 about 10 minutes before
the sio driver is attached, but when I use it, it still hangs...
I guess if i increase it more i have to wait longer, correct?
What does the reset clause do, anyway?

If i take a good look at the dumpcis i see port adresses that look like
serialports, so i guess its not a Winmodem... (Or it at least has
some serial hardware in it)

Are there any other things I can do?

thanks,

- --
Martijn

  There is nothing magic about SCSI cabling.  There are sound
  technical reasons why they occasionally require the sacrifice of a
  young goat.        - Somebody in FreeBSD-current