Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:11:58 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
Subject:   Apache 1.3 Server/Module ports (Re: FrontPage extensions on Apache )

I have finished the mod_frontpage module port for Apache 1.3.12.  It was a
simple process of adding the frontpage patches into the EAPI enabled Apache
port and using axps to build and install the frontpage module.  Axps also
created the appropriate Add/LoadModule entries into the apache.conf file.

I didn't create a seperate apache.conf.mod_frontpage config file, because
during the installation of the FrontPage Extentions, the script/fpsrvadm.exe
checks AllowOverride directive in the apache.conf file and if it is set to
"None", the FrontPage web will not be created during installation.  But it
will register the port in the ports database.

Another change I made to the main Apache 1.3.12 port is the use of a virtual
web for the Apache Documentation, and the installation of a single
index.html file into the DocumentRoot (only if it doesn't exist).

I also fixed the mod_ssl port so that it will now install the certificates
and documentations.  Currently, it doesn't allow you to generate a
certificate from the port.

The currently available Apache Server/Module ports are:

        Apache 1.3.12
        mod_ssl
        mod_frontpage
        mod_php4

and are available from:

    http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/mod_apache13.tgz    - entire collection

Give them a try and let me know how they work out for you.

Scot W. Hetzel