Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:14:58 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alejandro_Ram=EDrez?= <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with port 25 and NAT!!!

Hi,

    Iīm setting up a FreeBSD 3.2 Release server, as a mail server using
sendmail 8.9.3,
i have procmail 3.13.1 to deliver mail to home directories, have quotas
enabled,
Iīm using NAT in my Cisco routers, and everything itīs working great, the
server itīs
very fast responding to the smtp requests of the machines in the local
network
(Where the IP address itīs not translated) if telnet the server to the port
25, the
response itīs very fast too, but when i try to send email with a computer
that itīs behind
the NAT, it takes 25 seconds to respond the smtp request, even if i telnet
to the machine
to the port 25 it delays 25 seconds to answer, but in the computers that are
behind the
NAT, i can telnet the sever very fast, and also i can telnet the server to
the port 110
with a very fast response, the problem iīts only with the port 25
apparently, what can
I do to correct this problem, BTW, I also have an NT machine that itīs
working as mi
actual mail server, and i have no problems with it, i can telnet to this
server to the port
25 and the response itīs very fast from the computers behind the NAT, i dont
think this
is a problem with mi routers, because it always have worked rigth since 1
year ago, and
they are working rigth now very well with the NT server.

Itīs there some tweak thing to do, or what can I do to Fix it???

PS If you need more information, just tell me.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ales