Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:15:26 -0500
From:      "Matt Sealey" <matt@genesi-usa.com>
To:        <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.0 on Pegasos/ODW

Okay I downloaded bootonly and booted it and got to the boot
loader. It lists Open Firmware console in the output. lsdev
in the loader gives empty lists of block devices and net
devices (hmm).

booting automatically fetches the kernel and loads it, prints
the entry points, two lines about "ddb" being the debugger,
then says

Cpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Any ideas what's going on?

Does FreeBSD output serial debug or something? Should I be
making a special version somewhere?

I'm quite eager to get something/anything of a kernel output
on the screen. It doesn't even need to get into single user
mode.

--
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations