Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:36:31 -0700
From:      "Wolfpaw - Dale Corse" <admin-lists@wolfpaw.net>
To:        "'Christian Damm'" <christian.damm@diewebmaster.at>, "'Ion-Mihai Tetcu'" <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SpamAssassian with FreeBSD and Big Mail Server

Sortmonster blows dspam out of the water, and you don=92t even need to
use DNS BL's (which have their own potential problems.) It is native
to postfix, and you can basically configure default BSD, toss it in,
and put SA behind it - done.. We have a setup similar to this running
on a p4 1.8 Ghz w/ 1GB ram, which is also serving websites, and
some muds.

Why make it more complicated then it has to be. Sure, it costs
$30/mo - but considering the hardware and time you'll save, it's
worth it.  The part people aren=92t mentioning here is the (IMO)
extreme amount of tweaking dspam takes, and the fact I _believe_
it has to build its logic, which can make it useless for a while.
I much prefer things that simply work as intended when I drop them
on.. I don't know about you, but I have little time as it is, so
I try not to waste it :)

My 2 cents :)
D.