Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:28:33 -0700
From:      "Sam C. Zamarripa" <scz73@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Latest PPP Problems...more info

Well I played around with the settings some more on the latest PPP sources,
and now I can connect just fine if I put 'set mtu 1500' and 'set mru 1500'
in my ppp.conf file.

I've never had any MTU/MRU lines before. So this is really odd. Also, with
the older PPP sources, my primary dialup provider would automatically set
the MTU to 1524. This would show up in the 'ifconfig' command on tun0. I've
never understood why it used 1524, but everything always worked normally.

Now that it works by forcing it to 1500 manually, I guess everything is
fine. But if anyone could explain the why's to me here, I would appreciate
learning it. Thanks.