Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:48:06 -0500
From:      "Wills, Ken" <kwills@gflesch.com>
To:        Danny <danny@idx.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: GNOME installation problem --help

There's quite a bit do do...

First check the webpages over a http://www.gnome.org about installation,
and the order you need to compile the sources in. I would strongly suggest
you try to use the ports to build this, as it builds all of the dependencies
for you. You can either fetch the files manually and put them in
/usr/ports/distfiles,
or use a http/ftp proxy to have the ports fetch the required files for you
(man fetch
for info on how to do this).

You probably need an upgraded ports collection to get the latest and
greatest from gnome.

Ken