Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2017 11:31:51 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Conrad E. Meyer" <cem@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   couple of nvidia-driver issues

I have reported a couple of nvidia-driver issues in the FreeBSD section of the
nVidia developer forum, but no replies so far.

Well, the first issue is not with the driver, but with a utility that comes with
it, nvidia-smi:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1026589/freebsd/nvidia-smi-query-gpu-spins-forever-on-freebsd-head-amd64-/
I wonder if I am the only one affected or if I see the problem because I am on
head or something else.
I am pretty sure that the problem is caused by a programming bug related to
strtok_r.

The second issue is with the FreeBSD support for the kernel driver:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1026645/freebsd/panic-related-to-nvkms_timers-lock-sx-lock-/
I would like to get some feedback on my analysis.
I am testing this patch right now:
https://people.freebsd.org/~avg/extra-patch-src_nvidia-modeset_nvidia-modeset-freebsd.c

Also, what's the best place or who are the best people with whom to discuss such
issues?
Thank you!

--
Andriy Gapon