Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2020 13:40:39 +0100
From:      Mike Bristow <mike@urgle.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lsof port can't build (again)

Hi,

On 15/06/2020 02:52, @lbutlr wrote:
> When trying to update lsof on FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p5 GENERIC i386 I get the following fatal error:
>
> /usr/src/sys/sys/pcpu.h:224:10: fatal error: 'machine/pcpu_aux.h' file not found
> #include <machine/pcpu_aux.h>

That is not present in the file on relent/12.1, which is probably the
same as yours.  I suspect that you have an out-of-date /usr/src.  (This
does beg the question of why your attempt to build lsof is looking under
/usr/src, but I'm not going there).

What is the output of "egrep '^(TYPE|REVISION|BRANCH)'
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh" ?

How do you maintain the src tree on your machine?

Cheers,

Mike