Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:25:35 -0800
From:      "Wright, Greg" <wrightg@bcrail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   E-Mail Gateway

I would like to use FreeBSD (4.9) as the platform on which to run an
sec=
ure e-mail gateway.  At least that is what I think I would like to
do.  =
The reason for FreeBSD is that I much more familiar with it than
other "=
free" Unix like operating systems.  I have worked with DEC
Ultrix, Digit=
al Unix and AIX in the past so have some knowledge of Unix.

But the =
real goal is to put some sort of secure mail server/forwarder
between my=
 internal MS Exchange system and the Internet.  I don't want
to connect =
Exchange directly to the Internet if at all possible.

What I'm looking=
 for are recommendations for "free" SMTP servers that I
can use for this=
 purpose.  I would like to include basic anti-virus and
SPAM control as =
well.  Unfortunately, I have no money (other than my
time) to do this pr=
oject so am looking at minimal cost products.

Any suggestions for e-ma=
il gateways.  I've looked at postfix and qmail
but am not sure that they=
 are appropriate.  I could use the built in
sendmail, but worry about se=
curity.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Greg Wright
BC Rail

*** =
Disclaimer ***
The information in this Email is confidential and may be =
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the named recipient.  Acces=
s to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the inten=
ded recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the mes=
sage to the recipient named, please note that any use, disclosure, copyin=
g, distribution of this Email or any action taken or omitted to be taken =
in reliance on it is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, =
please inform us by returning a copy of the Email with the subject line m=
arked "wrong address" and then deleting the Email, and any attachments an=
d any copies of it.