Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 00:09:42 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: QuickTime on FreeBSD!

On Thursday 23 May 2002 09:14 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 May 2002 04:11 pm, you wrote:
> > Anish Mistry said on May 21, 2002 at 16:10:01:
> > > How did you extract the source rpm?  It just gives me a lot of errors
> when
> > > trying to rpm -i the package.
> >
> > rpm2cpio, in the ports
> >
> > - Rahul

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-multimedia" in the body of the message
> >

> I've compiled and installed the version of wine from codeweavers and
changed
> the part of the cpu.c , but when I run the QuickTimeInstaller it just stays
> on a blank blue setup screen.  Any suggestions?
> --
> Anish Mistry

Ok, stupid me, I got it to work.  The blue setup screen was covering up the
install dialog box, so when I hit alt+f2 in kde to bring up the run command
box, the install dialog show up, and it installed correctly.  The performance
on my 600Mhz Duron is rather poor and choppy, it is close to useless.  I did
experience the weird window problems, but not any total lock ups.
Thanks,
--
Anish Mistry