Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 09:56:26 -0700
From:      "Brian Bennett" <Bahamat@email.msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which X is Which?

I want to download and install X Windows for my FreeBSD partition, but
there are 2 versions at the FTP site.  3.3 and 3.2  Which one should I get?
 Is one less stable?  I heard somewhere that versions that ended in an odd
number were not 'official' releases.  Is that true?

How do I get access to devices that weren't setup during installation?  I
have a home LAN, and I want to try and connect to the other computer.  I
also wand to connect to the Internet, but I can't figure out how to use my
modem.

I have created 2 users on my system.  When I login as one of them, if I
make a mistake at the command line and I press the backspace I get a ^H
character.  If I log in as root this doesn't happen.  Why is that?  What
can I do to change that for my regular users?

Bahamat