Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 09:27:56 +0100
From:      Sigi <sigi@remsmurr.de>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (2) UserPPP Problem by hang up

Hello Brian.

>> Hi Freaks.
>>
>> I have a problem on FreeBSD 2.2.2 my dial-in machine with UserPPP
>> from Toshiharu OHNO. "ttys" and "gettytab" and "ppplogin" and
>> "ppp.conf" are taken from an other machine with older FreeBSD I
want
>> to migrate from (there is all working fine). All is working
beatiful
>> but when the user dials in and then hangs up the ppp process didn't
>> notice that. The ppp goes off first at the timeout configured.
>>
>> Where must I look for to get this right handeld?
>> Thanks for answers.
>
>It's now fixed.  You can download & build the latest ppp from:
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/~brian.

I downloaded this morning and installed. Made all dial-in user to
group "network". And tested. IT'S THE SAME AS BEVOR !!! One thing is
better: the dialog of taking log-level and tun-device doesn't more
come up to the user, that's fine. BUT IF THE LINE GOES DOWN BY THE
USER, PPP WORKS AND WAITS UNTIL HIS TIMEOUT COMES UP. IT DOESN'T TAKE
ANY ACT OF THE LINE DOWN !!!???

>Make sure you read the README file :-)

I did it.  ;-)  Now PPP works only with group "network". It maybe a
secure job, but I don't like it. I have a few groups of different
users wich I give several rights over the group define. That doesn't
work anymore!

>> Sigi.
>>

>--
>Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
>      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;
>Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour....

Thanks. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

Sigi.