Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:34:19 -0400
From:      nick <jmc@pathway.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

I am a new user and would really Like to learn UNIX.

Last christmas I bought LINUX and couldn't get it to install.

NOW I purchased the COMPLETE FREEBSD book and CDs.
I did get it to install came to a DOS looking screen with a dollar sign symbol.
BUT COULDN"T DO  A THING.... :(

I loaded everything I could from the list and was expecting X-WINDOWS screen
to look like windows...

COULD YOU HELP recommend further books, methods of installing, programs, or
something to begin learning FREEBSD .......I really like to learn.

James
jmc@pathway.net