Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 16:40:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New artwork for 3.0 CD cover?

Dear Tatsumi-san,

We're strongly thinking of making a departure from the classic "daemon
walking out of a CD" artwork which we've been using for the last few
years here in order to give 3.0, a product with lots of new features,
a new look to match.  Since you're the creator of the current artwork,
it also seemed only fair to give you first shot at drawing a suitable
replacement (and you're welcome to be creative here), though if you
also don't have any time for this we'd fully understand and simply ask
if anyone else out there wants a shot at the title. :-)
Since time is getting very short here, it would be good to know ASAP
whether or not you're interested.

Anyone else who really thinks they have the perfect (non-commercial!)
artwork for the CD is also free to contact me.  It would be good to
have some back-up for Tatsumi, even if he does decide to do this, and
there's always a lot of other FreeBSD merchandise which needs artwork
(hats, jackets, watches, stickers, condoms, etc) and we could use a
variety of themes for since it's kind of boring to only have just one.

Thanks!

- Jordan

P.S. I don't know of there's any prize we can offer for "winning"
artwork, but let's just say that anyone who's artwork we select for
such purposes will definitely receive some sort of token of our
gratitude! :)