Date:      11 Apr 2002 09:59:31 +1000
From:      Mark Sergeant <msergeant@looksmart.net>
To:        Tyler <tjr@cagelink.com>
Cc:        Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>, Baris Simsek <simsek@bimel.com.tr>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VHost SSL

using apache-modssl you can only have one certificate per ip address but
are able to have multiple virtual hosts on that 1 ip address, the
unfortunate thing is they will all be using 1 certificate and thus will
alert the user that the certificate is invalid.

Cheers,

Mark

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 06:08, Tyler wrote:
> I have 3-4 SSL Vhosts so its very possible.
>=20
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Chris Cook wrote:
>=20
> > You cannot use virtual hosts with SSL, each host must have their own IP
> > address...
> >
> > --
> > Chris
> >
> > o----< ccook@tcworks.net >------------------------------------o
> > |Chris Cook - Admin     |TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |
> > |The Computer Works ISP |FreeBSD - http://www.freebsd.org     |
> > o-------------------------------------------------------------o
> >

> > Baris Simsek wrote:
> > >
> > >         i got a SSL cert. I installed everything. i want to use this
> > > cert. for virtual hosts. My config file like this:
> > >
> > > <VirtualHost IP:443>
> > > Port 443
> > > SSLEngine on
> > > ServerAdmin .....
> > > ServerName .....
> > > SSLCertificateFile ...
> > > SSLCertificateKeyFile ...
> > > </VirtualHost>
> > >
> > > I added these entries for each vhost. If i connect to any vhost, i we=
nt to
> > > first vhost in config file. I cannot connect other vhosts. What is th=
> > > problem?
> > >
> > > thx.
> > >
> > >  Baris Simsek - UNIX Sys. Adm. - Bimel Elektronik - (+90312) 4342245
> > >                           http://acikkod.org/

> > > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
Mark Sergeant
Senior Unix Systems Administrator
=20
L=F4=F4kSmart International Pty. Ltd.
Level 5/388 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Australia=20
P. (03) 9648 2201=20
F. (03) 9648 2244=20
http://www.looksmart.com.au

The referring document contains privileged and confidential information.
If
you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take
action with regards to the content, we request that you notify LookSmart
International Pty. Ltd. immediately and remove all traces of this
document.=20
except where they are specifically stated to be the views of LookSmart=20
International Pty. Ltd.