Date:      19 Jun 2002 02:36:59 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
Cc:        Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>, freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: glade - aclocal... missing and more

--=-IJDwNQeDpxWEyZRDMDT6

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 01:57, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Am Mi, 2002-06-19 um 07.36 schrieb Randy Pratt:
>=20
> >=20
> > Thanks, that helped a great deal.  The autogen.sh now finds the above
> > missing items.  However, its still is failing to complete the initial
> > configurations.  Here are some excerpts:
> >=20
> > processing .
> > Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
> > Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
> > Copying file ABOUT-NLS
> > Copying file config.rpath
> > Not copying intl/ directory.                                   <-----
> > Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
> > Copying file po/Makevars.template
> > ..
> > <cut>
> > ..
> > automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
> > Makefile.am:3: required directory ./intl does not exist         <-----
> > automake: configure.in: installing `./depcomp'
> > ..
> > <cut>
> > ..
> > config.status: creating intl/Makefile
> > config.status: error: cannot find input file: intl/Makefile.in  <-----
> >=20
> > Do I need to force an upgrade for all the glade components
> > and dependencies to correct for the previously missing automake and
> > autoconf?
>=20
> The same happens to me all the time.  I don't relly know why that
> happens, but ma conclusion was, that glade does not write for you all
> the code you need.  If you now create this directory, you can start do
> configure.  But gmake then tells you It does  not know what to do in po
> and in intl (If I remember right)
>=20
> I thought, if I'm using gnome, I have to know what I'm doing, I dont can
> just use glade without of knowing that.  I have to know what make does
> what autogen das, what automake does.  I have to know about gettext.=20
> What I do have to know about /intl ... I don't know right now.
>=20
> Maybe someone knows a link to a website where all this steps are shown
> with example, I would be glad if you could tell us that.  Mostly I found
> just links about how to use glad.  But glad isn't the difficult thing,
> the difficult thing is after the glad.
>=20
> I'm right now on the way to create my first gnome project without the
> glad, and without gnome itself, just the gtk things, to learn to
> understand how the different things are working.  Is there anywhere a
> introtution for something like that.  What is the standart which
> directory to use (src, po, intl, ...) and which files are to create
> (autogen.sh, etc.)?  I think glade is a good thing, but it doesn't help
> a developer if he couln't do by hand what glade does for him.

I've only used glade with Perl, but I'm thinking of writing a wireless
configuration interface in C using glade2.  There are quite a few
tutorial references out there for glade.  http://glade.gnome.org is a
good start.  However, most tutorials don't go into the specific auto*
stuff.

For the gettext stuff, you can simply disable gettext support in the
glade C options if you don't want it.  You may also have better luck
hacking autogen.sh to use the older autoconf213 and automake14 tools.

Joe

>=20
> Martin
>=20