Date:      09 Jul 2002 08:10:12 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pre-everything targets

Can we change the policy on using the pre-everything target so that it
doesn't do anything pre-fetch unless it really does affect whether the
fetch takes place?

There are quite a lot of ports that print out informational messages
that are related to build options that have no relevance to fetching the
distfiles and I'd prefer if they weren't output at that point to make it
easier to parse the output of running fetch across the whole of the
ports tree.

--
Paul Richards                   |
FreeBSD Services Ltd            | Order 4.6 on DVD now.